Brevet Featured in Cycling Weekly
The UK’s most read cycling magazine, Cycling Weekly, were hosted by Brevet last summer and have now let out Europe’s best kept sportive secret in the Cycling Weekly Granfondo Gottardo review.
[quote] Each col has its own character, the most interesting of which is the beautiful cobbled sections and hairpin turns of the 19km Saint Gotthard. [/quote]
Cycling Weekly Granfondo Gottardo Review
Hannah Reynolds, the Fitness Editor for Cycling Weekly, stayed with Brevet in 2012 using the Swiss Alps as a training base before taking on the triple challenge of climbing the Passo San Gottardo (2,106m), Passo Furka (2,429m) and Passo Nufenen (2,478m) in the Granfondo San Gottardo.
[quote]By the time you start the final climb of the Nufenen your legs are already feeling it, which is unfortunate as this is the highest of the lot! The dramatic view at 2,478m is good compensation for the effort and the descent is even greater reward.[/quote]
Read the review in full below or read the Granfondo Gottardo Review online:
Granfondo Gottardo Holiday
You can ride the Paris-Roubaix of the Alps too on our Granfondo Gottardo cycling holiday which includes;
- 6 days of riding
- Ride the Granfondo Gottardo
- Cycle guiding and vehicle support
- Nutritional bars and gels on the road
- 5 nights full board accommodation
- 12 week sportive training plan to get you fit
- Granfondo Gottardo sportive entrance fee included
Thank you to the following companies for their hard work and generosity in hosting Hannah Reynolds, the Fitness Editor for Cycling Weekly:
- SkyWork Airlines – Hannah took advantage of SkyWork’s excellent London City Airport to Berne route that cuts travel time and lands with spectacular views of the Swiss Alps
- Granfondo San Gottardo – Thanks to the organizing team at the Granfondo San Gottardo for providing a superbly organised sportive
- Thanks to our partners at Lake Geneva Region Tourism, Les Diablerets and Leventina Turismo for showcasing the best of each region
Stunning Swiss Sportives
Our sportive holidays feature local Swiss sportives, just like the Granfondo Gottardo they have the ride quality of mega sportives like the Marmotte or Etape du Tour, but you won’t get back to your desk only for your colleague to say “yep I’ve done that”.
Take on the challenge of doing something different;