The Gruyère Cycling Tour has been awarded the prestigious Swiss Cycling Top Tour Award for Excellence
If you like cycling through classic Alpine hairpins, you will love the Gruyère Cycling Tour in Switzerland
Gruyère Cycling Tour 2015
The Gruyère Cycling Tour is set in a stunning Swiss landscape straight out of a movie. Starting in the cheese making region of Gruyère riders soon climb high up above the valley through the Alpine passes where the cows spend their summer holidays.
Gruyère Cycling Tour 2015 Event Details
- Date: Sunday 6th September 2015
- Distances: 114km (1,917m) and 76km (1,073m)
- Cyclists: Over 1,000+ riders annually
- Start: Charmey, Switzerland
- Finish: Charmey, Switzerland
- Nearest Airport: Geneva International Airport
- Accommodation: Brevet’s Gruyère Cycling Tour holiday and Gruyère Sportive Weekend include conveniently located accommodation
Gruyère Cycling Tour Route
The route for the Gruyère Cycling Tour takes riders through Swiss Heidi land. As you roll out from Bulle the peaceful countryside is disturbed only by the sound of cow bells and the whoosh of the peloton. In the distance coming ever closer are the stunning peaks of the Bernese Alps.
The first climb of the day is the Mittelberg. This beautiful climb of 10km is set in a quiet valley with towering moutains either side and plenty of views to distract weary riders!
Col du Pillon 1,546M
After taking in the views in the Gstaad valley riders in the Gruyère Cycling Tour will enjoy the climb of the Col du Pillon. With a steady gradient and ever expanding views of Glacier 3000 this is one of the nicest climbs in the region and is rewarded with a quick descent into the Alpine village of Les Diablerets.
Col des Mosses 1,445M
The Col des Mosses is regularly used by the Tour de Romandie and in 2012 Mark Cavendish led the peleton over the Col des Mosses in the 2012 Tour de Romandie won by Bradley Wiggins.
As you climb up from the valley floor you are rewarded with a steady climbing gradient that takes you to the summit of the Col des Mosses.
The Col des Mosses is one of Brevet’s home cols and features on many of our cycling holidays in Switzerland. The descent from the Col des Mosses to Bulle is stunning and very varied with both technical sections and fast sweeping turns.
Gruyère Cycling Tour Holiday
Brevet’s Gruyère Cycling Tour holiday includes guaranteed Gruyère Cycling Tour entry, 5 days riding, 4 nights full board accommodation and exclusive VIP hospitality in the race village.
2015 Gruyère Cycling Tour Entry
At Brevet we have a limited number of guaranteed Gruyère Cycling Tour 2015 entries.
Training for 2015 Gruyère Cycling Tour
Taking on the challenge of climbing Swiss Alpine cols requires dedicated training. By following a sportive training plan your body will build fitness over time and make the fitness adaptations needed to complete the Gruyère Cycling Tour.
Sportive Training Tips
- Enter the Gruyère Cycling Tour with some friends the joint commitment will help you stick to the plan
- Make training dates with your friends and involve friends or loved ones at coffee stops
- Practice your race day nutrition plan on a long ride at least one month before the big day
Gruyère Cycling Tour Training Plan
Are you in training for the Gruyère Cycling Tour ? Use our free 12 week Sportive Training Plan to get you in the best possible shape for the Gruyère Cycling Tour . Simply fill the form below and we’ll send you your free training plan:
Useful websites for Gruyère Cycling Tour
- Official website: Gruyère Cycling Tour
- Facebook Page: Gruyère Cycling Tour on Facebook
- Twitter: Follow @GruyereCycling
- Brevet’s Gruyère Cycling Tour Holiday and Gruyère Cycling Tour Sportive Weekend
Still searching for a sportive? Then check out our sportive calendar for the best handpicked cycling events in Switzerland.
Swiss Cycling Top Tours
The Gruyère Cycling Tour is one of two Brevet sportives that has achieved the prestigious Swiss Cycling Top Tour award, the other is the epic Alpenbrevet.