Etape Du Tour 2015
L’Etape du Tour, often known just as the Etape, allows cyclists to ride a stage of the Tour de France on the very roads the pro peleton will cycle over just days later.
In 2015 the Etape du Tour is Stage 19 of the 2015 Tour de France from Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne to La Toussuire – Les Sybelles
L’Etape du Tour Event Details
- Date: Sunday July 19th 2015
- Distance: 142km (The Tour Stage 19 is 138km)
- Established since: 1993 saw the first edition of the Etape
- Start: Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne
- Finish: La Toussuire – Les Sybelles
- Tour de France Stage: Stage 19 of the 2015 Tour de France
Etape du Tour 2015 Route Profile
Col du Chaussy
- Average grade: 6.3%
- Length: 15.4km
- Height start: 626m
- Height top: 1533m
- Elevation gain: +907m
Croix de Fer
- Average grade: 6.9%
- Length: 22.4km
- Height start: 472m
- Height top: 2067m
- Elevation gain: 1595m
- Average grade: 6.1%
- Length: 18km
- Height start: 610m
- Height top: 1705m
- Elevation gain: 1095m
Etape du Tour Route Preview
Training for the Etape du Tour
Training for the Etape du Tour is needless to say essential. It’s a very popular race that sold out quickly, so if you are lucky enough to have spot clearly you’ll want to make the most of it.
Arrive on the Etape du Tour start line with confidence by using our FREE 12 Week Etape du Tour Training Plan
Winter training should aim to help keep a base level of fitness ready for more extensive sportive training plan when the weather improves. If you are consigned to indoor training then bike training videos can be a great help to keep you motivated during turbo or roller sessions.
There isn’t any better way to prepare for Alpine cycling than actually climbing cols in the Alps. If you are taking on a sportive such as the Etape, a sportive training holiday in the Alps a few months before your cycling challenge will boost both fitness and confidence. Many cyclists forget that as well as mastering the cadence needed for Alpine climbing, practicing the bike handling skills needed for descending mountain roads safely is critical too.
Etape du Tour Training Tips
- Training consistently using a 12 Week Etape du Tour Training Plan will get you in shape
- Cycling in the big mountains is hard to replicate in training so book a sportive training holiday
- Check out these detailed training tips for the Etape du Tour sportive
Etape du Tour Entry
Etape du Tour online registration opens in November and sells out quickly.
Too late already? Check out the Best Sportives in Europe and find a challenge that motivates you!
Etape du Tour Sportive Training Camps
If you are training for Etape du Tour then join like minded riders on a cycling training camp in the Swiss Alps with Brevet.
Etape du Tour Sportive Training Plan
Are you in training for Etape du Tour? Use our free 12 week Etape du Tour Training Plan to get you in the best possible shape for the Etape du Tour. Simply fill the form below and we’ll send you your free training plan:
Useful Websites for the Etape
- Official website: Etape du Tour
- Event organiser: A.S.O. (Amaury Sport Organisation)
- Facebook page: Chat with other riders on the official Etape du Tour Facebook page
- Twitter feed: Join the conversation by using the Etape du Tour hashtag #letapedutour
Still searching for a sportive? Then check out our sportive calendar for the best handpicked cycling events in Europe.