Etape Caledonia 2014
The Etape Caledonia is an established and popular cycling sportive held on closed, traffic free roads in the beautiful Highland Perthshire region of Scotland.
The Etape Caledonia is a great first sportive as the levels of organisation and experience will definitely play a part in helping you around the 130km course.
The route follows Loch Rannoch and Loch Tummel and features almost 2,000m of climbing including through the forests of Drummond Hill that date back to the 17th Century.
Etape Caledonia Event Details
- Date: Sunday 11th May 2014
- Distance: 130km
- Climbing: 1,949m
- Start and Finish: Pitlochry, Highland Perthshire
- Accommodation: Pitlochry is a charming town with plenty of places to stay
Etape Caledonia Course Profile
The Etape Caledonia route map includes feed stations and spectator viewpoints.
Training For The Etape Caledonia
Taking on a sportive challenge like the Caledonian Etape involves cycling over 100km in a single day. To get the most enjoyment from the challenge requires training and dedication. The best fitness gains come from training consistently, rather than lurching from one big effort to the next with little in between (we’ve all been there!).
Following a simple and achievable sportive training plan will help you get in shape and boost your confidence along the way too. It’s important that your cycling training plan includes some specific sessions on hill climbing to get you used to spinning up the hills in a low gear with a high cadence – the best way to climb hills and save energy for later.
Keep your cycling fitness up during winter with these free turbo training videos.
Sportive Training Tips
- Follow an achievable sportive training plan; consistent training is the key to finishing a sportive
- Check out these 5 training tips for sportives
- A sportive training holiday in the Alps will help you practice climbing cadence
Etape Caledonia Entry
Etape Caledonia online registration sells out fast.
Too late already? Check out the Best Sportives in Europe and find a challenge that motivates you!
Use Your Fitness in a European Sportive
If you are training for Etape Caledonia then why not make the most of all that winter training and set yourself a target of completing one of the best European Sportives to make this your best summer of cycling ever.
Etape Caledonia Sportive Training Plan
Are you in training for Etape Caledonia? Use our free 12 week Sportive Training Plan to get you in the best possible shape for the Etape Caledonia. Simply fill the form below and we’ll send you your free training plan:
Useful Websites for The Caledonian Etape
- Official website: Etape Caledonia
- Twitter feed: Get updates by following @EtapeSeries on Twitter and join the conversation with the hash tag #etapecaledonia
- Facebook Page: Chat with other riders on the Etape Caledonia Facebook Page
Still searching for a sportive? Then check out our sportive calendar for the best handpicked cycling events in Europe.