This cycling holiday packing list should save you time and hassle!
As this list is long please try and keep your luggage size to a minimum as space will be at a premium during transfers. You can pack clothes around your bike in plastic bags in your bike box. We assume you will have a bike box, one piece of hold luggage and a small carry on that doubles as your day bag for Team Car supported rides.
Perhaps pop a beer or bottle of wine in the fridge right now to enjoy at the end of this list!
Pre Holiday Admin
- Service your bike!
- Check insurance up to date
- Check insurance covers cycling in the Alps
- Check passport expiry date
- Tell your bank you are travelling
- Unblock your mobile if needed
- Sign up for Skype, Viber, Tango or What’s App for free communication with home via wifi
Cycling Kit and Tools:
If you are brining your own bike pack the following:
- Water bottles
- Chamois cream!
- Saddle bag
- Spare inner tubes x2
- Puncture repair kit
- Tyre levers
- Multi tool
- Cycling shoes
- Pedals (good idea to take these and shoes in hand luggage)
- Spare set of brake pads
- Waterproof pouch for phone
- Bike lock – optional
- Computer/GPS – optional
- Heart Rate monitor – optional
- Any specific bike tools needed for your bike that is not on this list of bike tools
Hiring a Bike
If you are hiring a bike you need to bring the following for familiarity and comfort:
- Cycling shoes
- Your bike measurements from home
- Bib shorts (as many as possible or hand wash overnight)
- Bib tights
- Short sleeve cycling jerseys
- Long sleeve cycling jerseys
- Arm warmers
- Leg Warmers
- Cycling jacket/soft shell with rear pockets
- Packable rain jacket (even in the sun an Alpine descent can be cold)
- Gloves – short
- Gloves – long
- Bandana/cap/Buff as per your preference
If you know that a certain brand works for you then pack it!
- Energy drink powder/tablets
- Recovery drink powder
General Travel Items
- Sports towel
- Swimming costume for spa/swimming
- Hiking or running kit if you’d like to do some!
- Plastic bag for wets and dirties
- Adapters for your phones etc
- Compression clothing
- Casual evening wear (less is more)
- Sun cream
- After sun
- Any personal medications
- Inhaler or allergy sprays as appropriate
- Reading book
- Eye mask and ear plugs for flight
- Insurance details (in case of emergency)
Bike Box Packing Tips
Are you using a bike box to transport your bike? Then check out these bike box packing tips and don’t miss these special offers from our bike box partners.