Tour de Romandie
The Tour de Romandie is a six day stage race in the French speaking Romandie region of Switzerland used by all the Tour de France favorites as a key early season race.
Our Tour de Romandie cycling holiday is a perfect short cycling break where you can watch your heroes and ride the Queen Stage of the Tour de Romandie on the very same day!
- Wednesday 30th April to Sunday 4th May 2014
- 5 days guided riding
- 4 nights full board accommodation
- Ride the Queen Stage before the pros
- Watch the action live at Sprint, Mountain and Time Trial stages
How to Book
To book your place select from the room and payment options below and then press the ADD TO CART button.
Tour de Romandie Itinerary
Tour de Romandie 2014 Route
Please note that the Tour de Romandie 2014 route is not yet conformed and is subject to further change and will be announced during the Spring Classics. Our route will be designed in line with the final route of the Tour de Romandie. Furthermore our route will adapt to weather conditions on the ground, with low level contingency routes planned in case of snow. In 2012 and 2013 our guests rode over cols with snow either side of the road in short sleeves!
Romandie Queen Stage – Brevet Pro Support
At Brevet our aim is to give you the “Pro Experience” this includes our Brevet Team Car, on the road guides and complimentary sports nutrion. We call this Brevet Pro Support.
For the 2013 Tour de Romandie our guests will benefit from Brevet Pro Support as part of their all inclusive holiday package.
If you are a local rider who wants to watch the Tour de Romandie and experience what it’s like to Holiday Like A Pro, then you can book the Pro Support package for the Tour de Romandie Queen Stage:
Brevet Pro Support for Tour de Romandie 2013
- We’ll meet you in Les Diablerets on Saturday for the Queen Stage
- Ride the course before the pro peloton
- 80km circuit featuring Col des Mosses and Col de la Croix
- Benefit from Brevet Team Car Support including;
- Store spare clothing and valuables
- Sports nutrition and hydration
- Ice cold sponges to cool off
- Sun cream
- Chamois cream
- Park Tool bike tools, spare tubes and track pump
- Watch the race on the Col de la Croix climb from the comfort of the Brevet hospitality gazebo
- Cost: 45CHF
- Priceless: Local knowledge and passionate hosting meaning you just have to pedal
To order Brevet Pro Support for the Tour de Romandie select “Race Only” and “Pro Support” from the drop down boxes above then press “Book”.
A reminder to our full holiday guests: All Brevet guests will benefit from Brevet Pro Support as part of their all inclusive holiday package, there is no need for you to book Pro Support as an additional extra.
Queen Stage Itinerary
Cols: Col de la Croix (1,778m)
As ever the Tour de Romandie has been designed with the Tour de France in mind, this year Le Tour celebrates it’s 100th anniversary and is designed for climbers. The 2013 Queen Stage is set to be the toughest stage in Tour de Romandie history. The winner will be decided today on the Col de la Croix, the highlight of the Queen stage of the 2013 Tour du Romandie, with the riders climbing it from both sides.
Climbing the full valley to col length of the hors catégorie Col de la Croix (1,778m) before the pro riders take on this awesome climb will give you an amazing insight into pro cycling.
We start with a gentle spin up the now familiar Col des Mosses before riding through a secret military base to reveal a stunning view of Lac Léman. We then plunge down into the Rhône valley with the vineyards and apple orchards guiding us to the foot of the Col de la Croix.
When you summit the Col de la Croix you will see the entire Diablerets mountain range in front of you. We will take advantage of our conveniently located hotel to freshen up before taking our places roadside to watch the pros battle it out on the Col de la Croix.
Challenge Rating: ✭✭✭✩✩
Total Distance: TBC
Total Climbing: TBC
Can I do it?
Short answer: Yes! Find out more about why the The Tour de Romandie holiday is rated at ✭✭✭✩✩✩ on our Challenge Rating system.
Challenging Alpine Cycling Adventures
Our cycling holidays are designed to be challenging Alpine Cycling Adventures.
The Tour de Romandie holiday is rated at ✭✭✭✩✩✩ on our Challenge Rating system, it’s a great opportunity to Christen the Cols and watch your favourite riders warm up for the Tour de France.
Our professional guiding and vehicle support as well as our route design and hotel selection are all aimed at creating a supportive environment that will get the best out of you as an individual. Therefore each cycling holiday is designed to be suitable for varying fitness levels. Within the group people will have different strengths and weakness, some will love hill climbing but might be slower on the flat sections where you might be stronger.
Clearly you need to be fit to get the most of the holiday and cycling in the Alps is much more rewarding when you see your pre holiday training pay off as you climb Alpine cols and surpass your expectations. Our free training plan is a great place to start and signing up for our free newsletter will give you monthly training and nutrition tips to help you train smarter.
Our aim is that you return from your holiday fitter, happier and in love with your sport.
If you have any questions don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Ride Like A Pro
All Inclusive Cycling Holiday – You Just Need to Pedal
- 5 days guided riding with Team Car support
- 4 nights in a traditional Swiss mountain resort hotel
- Nutritious all you can eat healthy breakfasts
- Post ride lunches designed for cyclists on the hotel terrace with mountain views
- Three course evening meals
- Private transfers from Geneva Airport
Tour de Romandie
- Ride sections of the Queen Stage
- Check out the bikes in the Race Village
- Watch the action live at Sprint, Mountain and Time Trial stages
Tour de Romandie Flights
Transfers from Geneva Airport during the specified Transfer Window are included.
Flight arrivals: TBC
Flight departures: TBC
Please book flights that will enable you to meet the specified Transfer Window. This are indicative flights for guests flying from London:
Check easyJet Flights now.
If you can not find flights to meet the specified Transfer Window, arriving a day early and staying at an airport hotel or a hotel near the main train station is a popular choice with many of our guests. You can then join the Included Airport Transfer the next day. Check out these recommendations for convenient airport and city centre hotels.
If you can not make the specified flight transfer time and don’t want to stay in an airport hotel the night before then check out these airport transfer options.
Extend Your Holiday
If you would like to extend your stay we can book additional hotel nights in our partner hotels in the mountains at preferential rates.
Tour de Romandie Payment Details
How To Pay
To book your place select from the room and payment options above and then press the BOOK button. You will then be given the option to pay securely via Credit Card or PayPal or directly via Bank Transfer. For step by step instructions see our How To Pay guide.
When To Pay
- Deposit: CHF 400 to reserve your place
- Single Occupancy Full Cost: CHF TBC
- Twin/Double Occupancy Full Cost: CHF TBC
- Balance Payment Single Occupancy : CHF TBC by date TBC
- Balance Payment Twin/Double Occupancy : CHF TBC by date TBC
- Holiday dates: Wednesday 30th April to Sunday 4th May 2014
- At the time of booking a non-refundable 400CHF deposit is required
- If the Tour starts in less than 12 weeks full payment is required
- Full payment of the total cost is required 12 weeks before first day of the Tour
- Payment of a deposit indicates acceptance of the Terms and Conditions which includes our Cancellation Policy
We use the leading online payment provider PayPal which automatically encrypts your confidential information in transit from your computer to the PayPal servers using the Secure Sockets Layer protocol (SSL) with an encryption key length of 128-bits (the highest level commercially available). You are free to use your PayPal account or your preferred credit card to pay for your holiday when you use PayPal.
Tour de Romandie Enquiry
Our availability for this holiday is updated automatically, to book your place select your Payment and Room Type and press the BOOK button above. You can pay securely via Credit Card or PayPal.
If the holiday is showing as “Out of Stock” then you may want to join our Waiting List in case we have a cancellation.
Need help with the booking process? Please see our How to Pay guide.